Judicial Nominating Commission Recommends Applicants to Fill Judicial Vacancies
|Wednesday, September 24, 2003||
Contact: Office of Communications 404-651-7774
Atlanta - Governor Perdue's Judicial Nominating Commission (JNC) submitted recommendations to fill State Court vacancies in Gwinnett County State Court, Bell-Forsyth Superior Court, and Rome Superior Court.
The Gwinnett County State Court position was created by the resignation of Judge David M. Fuller effective September 1, 2003. The following applicants were recommended to Governor Perdue:
- Carla Brown - Sole Practitioner
- Tom Davis - Deputy Chief Assistant District Attorney, Gwinnett County
- John Melvin - Senior Assistant District Attorney, Gwinnett County
- Albert Norton - Partner, Hipes & Norton, P.C.
- Randy Rich - Partner, Randolph G. Rich, P.C.
The Bell-Forsyth Superior Court position was created with the passing of Chief Judge Richard S. Gault on July 23, 2003. The following applicants were recommended to Governor Perdue:
- Leslie Abernathy - Solicitor-General, Forsyth County
- David Dickinson - Chief Judge, State Court of Forsyth County
- Russell McClelland - Partner, Dreger, Coyle, McClelland, Bergman & Pieschel
The Rome Superior Court vacancy was created by the retirement of Judge Robert G. Walther effective November 1, 2003. The following applicants were recommended to Governor Perdue:
- Bryant Durham - Municipal Judge, City of Rome
- Aldous McCrory - McKoon, Williams & Gold
- William Sparks - Sole Practitioner
- Jerry Wood - Chief Magistrate