Governor-Elect Perdue Reappoints Eight Department and Agency Officials
|Friday, January 10, 2003||
Contact: Office of Communications 404-651-7774
Accepts Resignations of Jim Wetherington, Catherine Ross, and James Croy
- Dan Graveline, Executive Director, Georgia World Congress Center Authority
- Michael Froelich, Executive Director, Georgia Agricultural Exposition Authority
- Fred Allen, Director, Georgia Forestry Commission
- John Shafer, Executive Director, Sports Hall of Fame Authority
- Lonice Barrett, Commissioner, Department of Natural Resources
- Rebecca Paul, President and CEO, Georgia Lottery Corporation
- Pete Wheeler, Commissioner, Georgia Department of Veterans Services
- Harold Reheis, Director, Georgia Environmental Protection Division
"I am privileged to reappoint these dedicated public servants as we continue building our staff to create a new Georgia,"said Perdue. "Their continued service will be a strong asset to my administration and the people of our state."
In addition, the Governor-Elect accepted the resignation of Commissioner Jim Wetherington, Department of Corrections; Executive Director Catherine Ross, Georgia Regional Transportation Authority; and Executive Director James Croy, State Road and Tollway Authority.
The Governor-Elect remains engaged in the ongoing process of reviewing the status of various agency positions. All Department heads are asked to continue their service until the review process is complete.