Civic Group OutreachMission:
To encourage civic groups to engage their membership in volunteer activities for abused and neglected children.Target Group:
Civic groups, such as Optimist Clubs and Rotaries, would qualify as Civic Champions for Children. This is not an outreach to non-profits whose sole mission is to serve children.Suggestions/Opportunities for Involvement:
- Eligible groups must demonstrate at least three of the following eight practices for supporting Georgia 's abused and neglected children:
- Provide accessible volunteer opportunities for members of your group
- Invite speakers to discuss issues relating to abused and neglected children
- Provide the Our Children Campaign toll-free number and/or website in your newsletter or other publications
- Give birthday or holiday gifts to foster children in your community
- Offer volunteer trainings for your group to learn about opportunities for involvement
- Provide a monetary or in-kind contribution organizations benefiting these children
- Sponsor a group home or other children's residential facility as a project
- Encourage other civic groups to join in your efforts
If you decide to join in this effort, upon approval by the First Lady, your civic group will receive recognition on her website (www.gov.state.ga.us) as a "Champion for Children". You can receive this distinction by participating in at least THREE of the opportunities for involvement. Creativity in developing new volunteer activities is welcome, and the First Lady's office will work with your civic group to develop your application for becoming a Champion.
Any questions regarding the Civic Group Outreach program can be directed to 404-651-9663 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Civic Outreach Form
*Word document - Please fax the completed form to 404-233-5843. If you have any questions, you may contact Jen Bennecke at 404-651-9663 or email@example.com .