Faith Community OutreachMission:
Share the responsibility for taking care of the social and physical needs of Georgia 's children in state custody with the faith community to encourage greater involvement and volunteerism. Families are the foundation of our society, and we are morally charged to meet their needs.Target Group:
The faith community, regardless of denomination.Suggestions/Opportunities for Involvement:
- Provide accessible volunteer opportunities for members of your congregation
- Provide counseling, mentoring, and tutoring to at-risk children and families in your community
- Identify caring, loving homes in your faith community that can serve as foster or adoptive parents
- Choose one service to focus on the needs of children in state custody - have the leader of your faith group or an advocate in the community deliver this message
- Provide the Our Children Campaign toll-free number and/or website in your newsletter or bulletin
- Organize family-oriented events where the members of your congregation can come together to volunteer in some aspect of child advocacy
- Create or support a visitation center at your place of worship
- Identify and report suspected child abuse and neglect
- Give birthday or holiday gifts to foster children in your community
- Offer volunteer trainings for your congregation to learn about opportunities for involvement
- Encourage additional faith groups in your community to join in your efforts
If you make a decision to join in this ministry, upon approval by the First Lady, your faith group will receive recognition on her website ( www.gov.state.ga.us ) as a â€œChampion for Childrenâ€. You can earn this distinction by simply getting involved in some way - large or small.
Any questions regarding the Faith Community Outreach program can be directed to 404-651-9663 or email@example.com .
Faith Outreach Form
*Word document - Please fax the completed form to 404-233-5843. If you have any questions, you may contact Jen Bennecke at 404-651-9663 or firstname.lastname@example.org .