Eligible companies must demonstrate at least five of the following ten practices for supporting Georgia's abused and neglected children:
- Provide a monetary or in-kind contribution or contributions to one or more non-profit organizations benefiting abused and neglected children. The amount must be equivalent to at least a)half percent of total revenue sales, or b) $10,000.
- At least 2 percent of in-state employees volunteer a minimum of 4 hours per month for an organization providing services to or advocating for abused and neglected children.
- Offer a company-sponsored childcare center for employees (on-site or nearby).
- Sponsor a group home or other children's residential facility as a corporate community project.
- Match employee contributions to Georgia non-profit organizations benefiting abused and neglected children.
- Have flex-time, or alternative work schedules, for employees who volunteer (fostering, CASA volunteer, etc.)
- Provide $1000 grants to Georgia nonprofit programs benefiting abused and neglected children for which employees regularly volunteer at least six hours a month.
- Offer an adoption assistance plan to help employees pay for qualified expenses relating to the adoption of a child up to a maximum of $5,000.
- Offer maternity leave options for adoptive parents.
- Start or support a visitation center for your employees.
Companies who qualify as the First Lady's Champions for Children will receive the following:
A reception at the Mansion hosted by the First Lady where Champions Awards are announced and recognized
Permission to use the "First Lady's Seal of Approval" on all official company materials
Recognition on the First Lady's Our Children Campaign website and on other Our Children Campaign related materials
Corporate Reqcoqnition Form
*Word document - Please fax the completed form to 404-233-5843. If you have any questions, you may contact Jen Bennecke at 404-651-9663 or firstname.lastname@example.org .